Key fundamentals athletes will learn:
- cardiovascular training and conditioning
- jumping and agility mechanics
- core and balance development
- footwork control/coordination
- speed burst / acceleration
- strength / basic weight training techniques and form
Types of fitness sessions:
- Plyometric/ jumping/core/weight session (volleyball, basketball, baseball, softball, tennis)
- Speed/Plyometric/power/ agility/weight session (soccer, football, track, lax, field hockey)
- Basic fundamentals/ mechanics/ run techniques (Could be geared for younger athletes if needed)
- HIIT/ basic calisthenics/kettlebell circuits/ resistant band progressions/ battle rope class (all sports)
Winter Conditioning at Slim's Sports Complex
All Slots are Sold Out!
Fridays 1/6 - 2/24 - $125 for 8 sessions with Coach Tony DiVirgilio
Slim's Sports Complex (938 Middletown Warwick Rd, Middletown, DE 19709)
Juniors (2015-2013 Boys and Girls) 5:30 - 6:30 pm
Zone 1 (2012-2011 Boys and Girls) 6:30 - 7:30 pm
Zone 2 (2010-2004 Boys and Girls) 7:30 - 8:30 pm
Our philosophy will be to challenge and encourage youth athletes with key fundamentals in sports performance depending on their age and sport. Phase 1 (basic movements/techniques) to phase 5 (more technical/ advanced mechanics). The objective will be to develop each athlete’s mental and physical state with a modified training program that will last 8 weeks.
Each session will have designed workouts / exercises geared towards the sport of soccer and specific positions. We will have high energy 60min training sessions that start with a dynamic mobility warmup / athletic circuit / core / agility drills / cool down.
Over the course of our program, athletes will develop more explosiveness, footwork, speed techniques, core control, balance and strength/power. The positive mindset will be instilled into our weekly regiment while building on all of our strengths and weaknesses. Self-confidence and attitude is huge for our youth, and promoting this aspect of our fitness journey will be very important for them.
Tony DiVirgilio - Credentials
- Current Collegiate Strength and Conditioning coach for Wilmington University Men's and Women's Soccer Team / Cross country / Tennis / Baseball / Bball
- Certified Personal Trainer (AAAI NCAA)
- Certified endurance Group Instructor
- Nutrition Specialist
- Owner of DiVirgilio Fitness
- Certifies Sports performance coach AAAI
- Delaware FC youth soccer club Speed and conditioning development coach
- DE Union youth development physical training coach
Tony played three seasons as a defender for Wilmington University under head coach Nick Papanicolas. As a senior in 2010, DiVirgilio earned First Team All-CACC as well as Daktronics Second Team All-Region. He also earned a spot on the CACC All-Tournament Team after helping the team to the fourth seed during the regular season. He was also named a team captain in 2010. In 2011 Tony joined the Wilmington University men’s soccer program as Strength and Conditioning coach and 2021 will be his 11th season in that role.
Following graduating from Wilmington, DiVirgilio started his own personal training and endurance business, Enduro5 Fitness, and serves as the head fitness trainer. He is certified, licensed and insured through AAAI and NASM and is a certified group endurance instructor. He is also a nutrition specialist and an NCAA speed coach.
Outside of business, DiVirgilio competes in fitness challenges around the northeast, finishing in the Top 10 of the 2014-15 Men’s Health NYC Urbanathalon Elite Wave and in the Top 30 of the Spartan Elite Super Beast Pennsylvania Race. DiVirgilio has also produced a New York City modeling and fitness background, appearing in ads for Johnnie Walker, Nicole Miller Men’s Wear, Titleist Golf, and Huggies.