Kent County Parks & Rec Field Layout (u12+)
Player Registration is Closed
Spring 2023 Recreational Season
Important Dates to Remember
Practice Starts: March 27, 2023
Regular Season Starts: April 1, 2023
NO GAMES APRIL 8, 2023
Picture Day: April 15, 2023
Regular Season Ends: May 20, 2023
3v3 Tournament: June 3, 2023
Important Season Information Please Read
All Saturday Recreational Games u8, u10 will be played at Odessa High School: 570 Tony Marchio Dr, Townsend, DE 19734.
|Discovery (U3-U6) (2020-2017)||$115|
|U8 2015/2016 Boys/Girls||$125|
|U10 2013/2014 Boys/Girls||$125|
|U12 2011/2012 Boys/Girls||$125|
|U14 2009/2010 Boys/Girls||$125|
|U19 2004-2008 Girls||$125|
|U19 2004-2008 Boys||$125|
- To read about our Volunteer Fee CLICK HERE
- NO REFUNDS once season starts other than medical reasons (doctors note may need to be provided). If for some reason the spring season needs to be stopped due to COVID-19 a partial credit will be offered on the player's account to be used over the next year in any program.
- If before the season starts, you determine your child cannot play for any reason, you will be charged a $25 cancellation fee. Refunds are processed back to the credit card that the registration was made with, however it can take between 30 to 60 days to receive your refund check after you submit your request.
- Teammate and coach request are accepted for U12 and older teams, granted registration is completed by 1/31/2023. All players will be allowed to select practice day preferences during registrations. Teams will be formed based on practice preference selection.
Equipment and Uniforms
- In order to receive your uniform before the season starts you must order it before March 10.
- Uniforms this year are Orange and Black. Players that have the Orange and Navy from previous years will be able to continue to wear them.
- To order your uniform - CLICK HERE
- U3 - U6 (Discovery Program) Players do not need to purchase a uniform for the season.
ALL PLAYERS MUST WEAR SHIN GUARDS. NO EXCEPTIONS. NO EARRINGS CAN BE WORN AT ANY TIME EVEN IF THEY ARE TAPED OR COVERED. No watches, necklaces, or jewelry may be worn. On cold or rainy days, no hooded sweatshirts or jackets may be worn. In the past we have allowed this, but in trying to reduce the possibility of injury, players may no longer wear any articles of clothing with a hood while on the playing field. Note that the cleats spikes must be plastic and CANNOT have a front spike.
Discovery Program - U3-U6 - CLICK HERE for more information
Every player is expected to play 50% of every game unless by their own choice or a parent's request. We do our best to keep team sizes limited to guarantee that every player can get 50% playing time. However, over the years we have received equally as much feedback about teams with too few players (even when the team is at max recommended team size) and teams with too many, Due to vacations and other conflicts not all players show up every week which can leave teams shorthanded. We also have about 10-15% of registrations after the late fee date starts, so this can be a significant number of players in a division. We typically we need to create two teams at a time to make scheduling work which can then make team sizes too small. Our Board Members and Commissioners do everything we can to make this work out for everyone involved
Practices may begin as early as 3/27/2023. Practice days and times preferences are picked when registering to be a coach.
Practice schedules are determined by the coaches based on field, day and time availability. Early in the season, daylight is still limited, so practice schedules may need to be adjusted, but all of this will be determined by the coaches based on field availability.
There will be 7 game days for the U8 and older divisions this season. The 3v3 tournament is held on a separate weekend from normal game days. The tournament is free and only open to Delaware Union Recreational Teams U8 and up divisions, so even though it is not required, we have found that almost 100% of teams field at least one team for this tournament. The 3v3 will be held on Saturday, June 3.
For U8+, each coach will conduct at least one practice each week, typically on the same day and time. Coaches will select their practice time and location based on field availability and what works best for their schedule.
GAME DAY INFORMATION:
For U8-U10, all games are played on Saturdays between 9 AM and 2 PM (ending times may vary depending on the number of teams in each division).
For U12+, all games are played on Saturdays between 9AM and 4PM. The number of home and away games vary by team.